My name is Elise Maxwell and I am the founder of Ova Woman. Last July, I shared my motivation for starting Ova, and today I want to update you on our progress.
At the core of Ova is a deep passion for ending stigma around women's health and improving the quality and accessibility of women's health products and services. This passion is why we exist, but to continue to exist we need to ensure we are generating value for our community.
Over the past year, Ova recruited hundreds of women to review 11 different women's health products and services. At first our goal was to find the best products and make them more accessible through our ecommerce site. We quickly realized that the insights we gathered from these interviews had the potential to drive innovation and improve the quality and accessibility of both products and services.
In May, I made the decision to stop selling intimate health products and focus on working with companies to improve women's health products and services. In order to end stigma and improve women's health outcomes, we need to truly listen to the lived experiences of women. Ova creates value for both women and companies by facilitating intimate health conversations and translating these into tangible design improvements.
Here is what you can expect from Ova:
- Research that improves the quality and accessibility of women's health products and services.
- Content that normalizes women's health and supports women in navigating a breadth of intimate health experiences
- Employment practices that provide moms flexible opportunities to stay professionally active if they decide to stay at home with their children.
- Opportunities for women to share their intimate health experiences and feedback about products and services.
- Inclusivity and a commitment to listening to and supporting all women.
- Openness to new ideas, feedback and perspectives.
We can't do this work alone. We need you. We need women to share their experiences and provide feedback on products and services. We need our readers to share and like our content. We would also love to hear from women's health companies that want to ensure their products and services are empathetic to the needs of women. Please join us as we destigmatize intimate health and catalyze innovation.
Sending immense gratitude,